Saturday, April 28, 2007

Episode 104 - Clivia - bearing fruits

I took this photo of my clivia this morning.

I pollinated the plant during the flowering stage. Although the task was not totally successful, I will have at least 3 clivia berries. I am planning to use the seeds to grow more clivias and give them out as presents to my relatives and friends.

It takes about 8 to 10 months for the clivia berries to become mature.


Remember the leave bud of the clivia?

I have detached it from the mother plant. I was not able, as originally planned, to cut it out with some roots of the mother plant - this appeared to be an impossible task unless cutting it with an electric saw. I am not sure if the transfer was successful. It has been in the new pot for 2 weeks and appears to be stable.

No comments: