Friday, April 27, 2007

Episode 103 - Shyly Grass (II)













This is the recent position of the "Shyly Grass" (or the Sensitive Plant). Lovely, isn't it?

Chiu Yin has learnt to water it occasionally (although I have to make up the balance to keep the plant in good health).

The plant is growing fast - its size has been doubled in one month. I add some diluted liquid fertilizer to it once every week. The plant seems to be happy with this. Judging from its developments, I believe that I will need to move it to a bigger pot soon.

I note from some material that the leaves fold-up ability of a sensitive plant will diminish or even disappear as it grows older. The plant will also not "sensitive" if the temperature drops below 10℃.

I recall that, many years ago, I read an interesting article on sensitive plant written by a famous local science fiction writer. The writer claimed that he had an extraordinary sensitve plant that would not fold up its leaves even if he touched them with force. He said that it was because his plant could recognise its master as time goes by and, therefore, would not react in the normal way. Probably only a man with such an extraordinary imagination could become a science fiction writer.

No comments: