Saturday, March 31, 2007

Episode 96 - The Snow Bridge

Another wonderful morning at Prague.

The previous day was a perfect sunny day. But when I woke up in the morning, I found that the city had turned into white overnight. I was delighted and rushed out of the hotel to enjoy another wonderful day.

This photo was taken at the Charles Bridge. It is a 13th Century bridge, linking the old town to the castle on the other side of the Vltava river. There are 30 baroque-styled statues erected along the bridge. Can you can see a crucifix statue on the left side of the bridge tower?

I visited the bridge in the late afternoon on the previous day. At that time the bridge was packed with people. Apart from visitors and souvenir sellers, there were a number of portrait drawers and street musicians - a big contrast to the quiet snow bridge.

I walked on the white carpet, following my footprints of the previous day to the Prague Castle again.

No comments: