Friday, March 23, 2007

Episode 91 - A Wonderful Morning at Prague

I visited Prague in December 1998.

I started my journey by train from Vienna and arrived at Prague in the late afternoon.

The weather was extremely bad on that day. It was dark, cold, wet and foggy. As I did not know the local language, it took me quite some time to arrive at the hotel. I felt annoyed and went to sleep early.

I woke up early in the next morning. I took a quick breakfast at the hotel and went outside to have a walk. To my surprise, the weather was completely different from that of the earlier day. The sky was a perfect blue without a cloud in sight.

My heart was filled with joy. I walked across the beautiful old city centre and reached the river bank. Looking across the Vltava river, I found that the Prague Castle on the other side had turned into gold under the morning sun.

No comments: