Sunday, August 13, 2006

Episode 13 - Sea of Flowers
















Sea of Flowers

This photo was taken at Biei, Hokkaido, Japan.

The flowers were planted systmatically on the slopes along the main road.

At first, I was not aware of these flower beds. I was then driving to another point of interest in Biei. Suddenly, I noticed that a number of cars in front of my car were slowing down to have a left turn. As an experienced traveller, I followed suit. I drove my car into one of the free parking spaces and had a great time. As you can apprciate, it was really a great enjoyment to walk along a sea of flowers like this.

Obviously, these flowers were planted for the purpose of tourists attraction. No entrance fee was required. Surprised?

(See also Episodes twelve for another road attraction and Episode Sixteen for Part II)




No comments: